Since opening our doors on Lincoln Road more than 20 years ago, we’ve seen the famed pedestrian mall go through numerous incarnations. And just like the Material Girl herself, Lincoln Road is a master of reinvention. If you look beyond the big box stores that now occupy prime real estate, the Morris Lapidus designed walkway still has flashes of the glimmer that once made it Miami’s hottest social Mecca. And although it’s been our home away from home for decades, we’re still as smitten with Lincoln Road as we were when we first arrived. We invite you to find love on the Road
with our guide to 13 of our favorite Lincoln Road gems.
– Our love letter to Alchemist can go on for days, but we’ll sum it up in an easy sound bite for you: it’s so hip it hurts. Split between two locations, visit the jewel box of a shop nestled on Level 5 of the 1111 Lincoln Road Parking Garage for a revolving collection of hard to find collectors pieces. Think Vetements, capsule Balenciaga, and one of a kind collaborations with brands like Colette (RIP) and artists like Awol Erizku. For a more approachable (it’s the resulting credit card bill that hurts) take on fashion, head to the annex on the corner of Lenox and Lincoln. Pick up architectural pieces from Jacquemus, JW Anderson’s Pierce bags, or our own collaboration with the brand: Surf Rap. Even the interiors, designed by Rene Gonzalez Architects, are works of art. At the very least, it’ll be your new selfie spot.
2. Jo Malone London – Next door to Alchemist is Jo Malone, our go-to place on Lincoln Road for a hit of olfactory pleasure. This British import is known for its fresh perfumes and elegant scented candles. And while their scents stand beautifully on their own, we like to mix two or three for a truly personal blend.
3. Nike – There are two things we love about the new Nike store.
1. The building’s uber-hip brise soleil, incorporating the Nike swoosh while providing a permanent sun-shading structure, designed by Touzet Studio.
2. The weekly run club that provides a seemingly endless supply of athletic eye candy. The key here is picking out the optimal vantage point. Cue...
4. Baires Grill
— Our favorite post-work wind down spot, Baires is equal parts Argentine steak house and voyeuristic theater. We like reserving a table outside and watching the parade of peacocking pedestrians while we enjoy the Boneless Chicken (delectable), a side of broccoli (sautéed with garlic), and of course, a glass of wine (pinot noir). If you feel like going full on Argentine, we suggest the Morcilla (aka blood sausage) - an acquired taste for the adventurous. Buen provecho!
5. The Colony Theatre
– Housed in an Art Deco landmark building, we love the Colony for its eclectic mix of plays, dance, music, comedy and film festival screenings. It raises the IQ and CQ (cultural quotient) of South Beach — a cause we can fully support.
6. Books & Books
– Miami’s locally owned and world-renowned independent bookstore serves up literary delights right next to Jacober Creative HQ. Come for their steady stream of art, design and architecture books, and peruse the extensive collection of magazines from the high brow (Playboy and Paris Review) to the low (Penthouse and People). Tucked behind their namesake restaurant through an interior courtyard, we can spend hours in their floor to ceiling stacks.
7. The Frieze
– The ice cream here is as South Beach-iconic as the funky little store itself – it’s been around for going on 30 years, a few lifetimes in Lincoln Road years. Dig into their freezer full of tropical fruit flavors like guanabana and mango, or those adult party ones like champagne and red wine (lick it, don’t sip it).
8. Kiehl’s Since 1851
– Listen, we don’t just roll out of bed looking this good (everyday). Kiehl’s has been keeping our skin glowing since it joined the neighborhood, about 100 years back. We swear by the Midnight Recovery Concentrate and the Creme de Corps, while Charlie and Bowie keep it fresh with their Cuddly Coat line.
9. Mister 01
– We’re not saying we invented the hidden entrance concept, but it does seem like everyone’s been hopping on that bus lately. To enter this hidden pizza spot, you must first be escorted through an alleyway, past an unmarked door and then wait for one of its four tables to open. The food is totally worth the journey, though. The Italian owner acquired a special “pizza master” visa (because #MAGA) to bring techniques straight from the motherland and into your mouth. Bonus: they are one of the few in Miami that make your pie vegan with plant-based cheese upon request.
– One word: Brazilian. Osklen brings that laid-back fun, sun and party ethos to luxury casual wear that translates so well in Miami Beach. We turn to Osklen when our wardrobe needs a dose of healthy sex appeal, with sheer tops, fitted shorts and sexy swimwear. Viva Saúde!
11. Scotch & Soda
– This Netherlands clothing import combines preppy, boho, and rock and roll into one distinct look. We love that every garment has nuanced little “extras” — just like us.
12. SoundScape Park
– During the day, this park is a dog’s world, where our favorite company mascots like to promenade (on break from their more creative endeavors). At night, the outdoor space brings nature and art together in spectacular fashion. Adjacent to the Frank Gehry designed New World Center, it hosts state-of-the art “wall casts,” giant video projections with immense surround sound speaker towers. We like packing a picnic and enjoying the New World Symphony performances al fresco.
13. Sunday Antique Market – If we’ve learned anything on our travels, it’s that savvy negotiating is universal. We like to flex our skills when hunting for treasure at the Sunday Antique Market from November to April. It brings a dizzying variety of vendors selling furniture, clothing and tchotchkes to Lincoln Road. Our moment of victory? Finding a set of original Mies Van Der Rohe chairs in pristine condition. Good design is worth top dollar, don’t you think?
Looking for a Creative Agency?
Looking for a design agency to bring your ideas to life? We are an award-winning Miami-based creative agency that specializes in graphic design, branding, logos, digital marketing, websites and video production. Let’s work together. [Contact Us]